Day in the Dust
25th Anniversary Edition
Thursday, July 18, 2019
St. Francis Yacht Club
Trade Tasting: 3:30-5:30pm
Consumer Tasting: 6:00-8:30pm
It is with much anticipation and excitement that we announce the details of Rutherford Dust Society’s 2019 Day in the Dust event program! Please read on to learn about opportunities for your winery to participate.
In celebration of Rutherford Dust Society’s 25th Anniversary this year, we are taking Day in the Dust on the road to San Francisco! The event will be held on Thursday, July 18th at the prestigious St. Francis Yacht Club.
The tasting will be split into two components:
1. TRADE TASTING – 3:30pm to 5:30pm
- Each participating winery will showcase their 2016 Rutherford AVA Cabernet Sauvignon, plus a library selection that represents one year in Rutherford Dust Society history. (Please note correction from 2015 to 2016 vintage)
- To attract top-tier trade accounts and make this tasting truly special, we are assembling a 25-year vertical of Rutherford wines, beginning with the 1994 vintage.
- Library submittals will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may also pour one additional white wine at your table, as long as it is from Rutherford AVA.
2. CONSUMER TASTING – 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- For the first time in Rutherford Dust Society history, the Day in the Dust tasting will be open to consumers!
- Tickets will be $95 per person. This includes tasting new release Cabernet Sauvignon from our incredible Rutherford producers, some light snacks, a fun photobooth, and the best view of the Bay from the St. Francis Yacht Club!
- To keep an exclusive feel to the event, we plan to limit attendance to 200 consumers. You are not required to pour library wines for consumers.
- You may pour non-Rutherford wine, as long as you have at least one Rutherford AVA wine at your table.
- We ask that you send at least one email to your club and one social media post to help promote the event. Participating wineries will be given a 10% discount code to share with their wine club members. RDS will happily provide branded event materials for your use.
- While our venue does not allow cash and carry sales, you are welcome to bring order forms with you to sell wine at this event.
Participation in Day in the Dust is $200 per winery, which will help cover the added costs of the consumer portion of the event. We hope that your winery will take full advantage of our 25th Anniversary Celebration and this special showcase for Rutherford AVA wines!
To register, please complete the downloadable PDF form, or register online using the links below: